Wednesday 13 November 2013

VV Mod L-Rider Transformer (Review)

Hey all!

So in my previous post I announced I ordered a new vaping device, and yes I'd rather call it a device than just a battery, because it does so much more than your regular Ego battery.

Let's start with a picture:









When I saw the pictures at first, it made me think about a light saber from Star Wars and it is just a little less advanced in technology xD

The Transformer has a number of functions, next to powering your carto/clearo:
* Adjustable Voltage for the best temperature for your liquid and container (cartomizer/clearomizer)
* Built in resistance meter for your container
* Battery check
* Airflow control
* Adjustable to fit a number of different batteries

Now what I think about the product after using it for 24 hours.

Adjustable voltage might not seem to be really important, but the fact is the regular batteries like Ego's and others alike, have fluctuating Voltages. Usually you will barely notice, but some times you will get a sudden flash of burnt taste.
By controlling the voltage more precisely, together with the resistance meter, you cancel out the burning, and it gives you more control about the warmth and the flavor of your vape. For me that's a great deal, because my juices really taste better. it's all about finding that sweet spot that works for you the best.

The built-in resistance meter is really useful on the go or when you do not have a resistance meter at home.
Just these last 24 hours I have have forgotten the resistance values for my clearo's, so the resistance meter was a good help.

Now for those who are afraid of going trough many coils before you find the right voltage, here is a handy table:

The battery check is also useful to check if your battery is still able to supply the voltage you need. When you press the mechanic switch on the side 5 times in a short time span, it displays the voltage your battery is able to supply. This way you can easy track out why your vape isn't as satisfying as it used to be 5 minutes ago, for example.

Airflow control, I just adore this specific function and I play with it all the time.
Depending on my mood and the flavor i use i like either a really tight (mildly chocking) pull from my e-cig or a more airy one. The ring at the top is really easy to adjust with your thumb while vaping, to get that sweet spot you desire.
I used to do this already by screwing my clearo tighter or less tight onto my Ego, but this is just a world of difference, without getting less contact with the battery or accidentally screwing your entire container off.

It is also a telescoping mod (hence the name Transformer).
This basicly means the bottom cylinder can be adjusted into place so it can fit a number of batteries (not your standard AA's though xD).
This means you can also adjust the size of the entire thing (it is quite big) to fit your hand the ebst way you want.
I personally prefer larger bateries, I don't know if they last longer, but they do give me a better and more comfortable grip for my huge hands.

To know what I payed for my full kit and to see what was in it, I advise you to read my older post.

Happy vaping! (I know I will)

No comments:

Post a Comment